PROF. Ki-Chan Kim
Dr. Ki Chan Kim received the B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, in 1996, 1998, and 2008, respectively. His doctoral dissertation was on design, analysis and control of traction motor for EV/HEV. Before entering Ph.D. course, he served as a Senior Researcher at the Electro-Mechanical Research Institute of Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) from 1998 to 2005. Since 2009, he has served on the faculty in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanbat National University.
Ki-Chan Kim's main research interests include design, electromagnetic field analysis, control and performance test of traction systems, electrical power steering systems, and magnetic sensors for Electric Vehicle (EV), Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV). Specially, he is an expert on the optimal design and multi-physics analysis of water-cooling induction motor and interior permanent magnet synchronous motor by using 2D and 3D Finite Element Method (FEM).
1. Registration on 2009/2010 IBC (International Biographical Centre), an authoritative biographical dictionary.
2. Registration on 2009/2010 ABI (American Biographical Institute), an authoritative biographical dictionary.
3. Excellent Dissertation Award, Hanyang University, 2008
4. Best Presentation Paper Award, Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 2004
1. Optimal Design and Electromagnetic Field Analysis of Traction Motor and Electrical Parts (EHPS, MDPS, Sensors) for EV, HEV, FCEV, NEV, Ship, and Bicycle.
2. Design and Electromagnetic Field Analysis of Power Generation System for Wind Power Generator, Microturbine, and Large Synchronous Generator.
3. Multi-Physics Problems of Electrical Machine. (Stress + Thermal + Electromagnetic).
4. Multi-Objective Optimum Design of Electrical Machine for High Efficiency.
5. Magnetic Sensor for Automobiles.
6. Fault-Diagnosis of Electric Machine.
7. Standardization of Electric Machine Test Method.
Electromagnetics, Hanbat National Univeristy, Spring & Fall, 2009 ~
Energy Conversion Engineering, Hanbat National Univeristy, Fall, 2009 ~
Computer Architecture, Hanyang Univeristy, Spring, 2008
Electric Machinery, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Spring, 2007
Electric Machinery, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Fall, 2006
Automatic Control & Electric Circuit, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Spring, 2006
Power Electronics & , Electrical Measurement Equipment, Daelim University, Spring, 2005.